To keep up with current consumer trends, automakers have been engineering automobiles that are more complex and adding new electronic enhancements with each model year. Whether it’s adding more computers, additional sensors, better safety systems, higher quality sound systems with mobile device integration, or revolutionary comfort features that set a new standard, there are a growing number of wires that need protection and interference problems that need permanent fixes.
With all of these advancements, there is an increasing need to protect and shield the wires that integrate these systems. Since 1957, Zippertubing® has provided automotive manufactures ways to organize, protect, bundle, and repair single wires or raceway cables. Organization, bundling, and protection are not the only challenges Zippertubing® have solved for these auto manufactures; we have also provided custom EMI/RFI and heat/thermal reflection.
Whether extremely high temperatures that are radiating under a hood, or interference between sensitive wiring, we will customize a solution to be added into your automotive production assembly line.
Repair, shield, and bundle with Zippertubing®.
Along with the general need for easily accessible, wrap-around heat shrink for repairs and high temperature sleeves for thermal reflection, is a demand for EMI shielding. EMI shielding is becoming more critical as we continue to include advanced technology in vehicles. Communication devices, 3G and mobile phones, Controller Area Networks (CAN), safety systems, controllers, Wi-Fi, GPS, RFID, and DC motors may emit electromagnetic signals that can interfere with one another, causing an unwanted adverse effect. This is where a custom Zippertubing® product is the solution.
What are some automotive devices that may produce or prove susceptible to EMI issues?
- Cruise Control
- Fuel systems
- Tire Pressure Monitors
- Safety equipment, such as ABS, airbags, etc.
- Radios, navigation systems, steering wheel controls, Bluetooth
Why use Zippertubing® products in the automotive industry?
- ISO 9001 / IATF 16949 Certified
- To provide practical and economical solutions
- To install solutions right on the job or on the production line without disconnection
- To allow flexibility in repair
- To meet RoHS material specifications and requirements
- To ease compliance with safety regulations
- To block unwanted EMI/RFI emissions
- To protect critical components from heat
- To bundle and organize cable raceways
The Zippertubing® Company provides solutions for these types of vehicles:
- Passenger Cars
- Light Duty Trucks
- Class 1
- Class 2
- Class 3
- Medium Duty Trucks
- Class 4
- Class 5
- Class 6
- Semi-Trailer Trucks / Heavy Duty Trucks
- Class 7
- Class 8
- Sport-Utility Vehicles
- Large Equipment/Construction