Instrumentation & Medical
With equipment handling sensitive information and data, ensuring the components inside are working as they should are crucial. The slightest EMI noise can interfere with these systems and degrade the functionality. Zippertubing® offers different types of EMI shielding for the instrumentation and medical industry. Not only do we provide superior shielding, but we also have materials that are halogen free, non-magnetic, and hypoallergenic that can be utilized in a clean room setting.
In the instrumentation and medical field, cleanliness and appearance is often very important. An expensive device should maintain its professional look and be completely organized at all times. Some medical devices in specific areas are required to have cable management and bundling for safety, or by the organization's preference. This is where Zippertubing® products provide for your unique need. Whether cosmetic, color-coding bundling, or a sleek yet durable protection sleeve, we will prototype a solution specific to your application needs.
In an industry where failure and inaccuracy need to be avoided at all costs, protecting from compromising interference is important. Zippertubing® manufactures products that can be installed to prevent damage from occurring, or can repair damage that has been done.
Stringent regulations and standards met with functional solutions.
Since 1957, Zippertubing® has manufactured products that solve a variety of component challenges. The challenges faced in the instrumentation and medical industry demand precision and accuracy, which we uphold within our products. Whether EMI shielding or cable bundling, we will build a custom solution per your application requirements.
How are Zippertubing® products and services utilized in the Instrumentation and Medical industry?
- High-frequency electric field shielding for sensitive instruments, sensors, and components
- Cable management for X-Ray, CT scan, MRI, and other non-invasive medical scanning devices
- Non-magnetic, copper-plated nylon, EMI shielding options for use in and around magnetic imaging systems
- Individual conduit sheaths for radiology equipment installations running wires of different voltages in the same conduit or cable trough
- Cable bundling that meets requirements of the American Health Care Association (AHCA) for installations in medical facilities; our UL-rated products comply with the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and National Electrical Code (NEC) for flexible wire conduit
- Protect or cover damaged or susceptible sections of Tigerflex hoses or ducting
- Improve safety and organization by routing harnesses together and out of the way of foot traffic
- Polymer films and coated fabrics that are easy to clean or decontaminate
- Wrap-around heat-shrink for repairing molded boots or cable extensions on hand-held equipment controls, power cords, displays, or other connected specialty devices, available in black, white, or clear